Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

Ah, you can PRETEND! Work with me here-
This is a GREAT DVD, I brought it to 2 different friends homes, hit 'play' and asked them what they thought. Well... I had to wake them up first!
I'm chattering away, trying out the 'mood music' or just using the fireplace sounds and when I turned to look, they were asleep! There IS something that is so comforting about fire, I think it is in our DNA.
Fire equals-

  • Safety from predators-
  • Hot dogs and S'mores anyone?
  • Warmth when you're cold-

One thing I miss in south Florida is having a fireplace, although even when I lived up north, I was lousy at getting a fire started. This saves me all the hassle. (hint -place a space heater next to you!) Try keeping your eyes open or even focused when watching the flames dance around the screen. Buying this at Christmas, I got the demo the store was using, they were all sold out!

Have a glass of wine or hot chocolate, listen to either just the fire crackling or Nat Cole and treat yourself to the bliss of feeling peaceful, safe and warm.

Sweet Dreams! Jane SleepCompass.com

No comments: