Monday, August 18, 2008

Stormy Weather-












Being in the middle of hurricane season and having a tropical storm headed my way, made me think- are there any advantages to sleeping now?

Team Advantage:


  1. It's dark outside at the crack of noon. That's a big change from the bright Florida sun!
  2. It's cooler outside at the crack of noon. (See above )
  3. You never sleep alone because all of your cats and dogs and birds and hermit crabs are somewhere in the bedroom with you. (helpful hint, keep the crab in the cage!)
  4. You CAN sleep in because so many businesses and schools are closed. Although being in the medical field all my life means either being at the hospital for hours on end or on call.
  5. Ever wonder why they call rainy weather 'good sleeping' weather? Decreased pressure = decreased oxygen in the blood. Our bodies make us sleepy to keep us from expending energy. Traveling from Florida to the higher altitude of Santa Fe, New Mexico made me incredible sleepy along with giving me a headache that lasted for days. Beautiful state, but half awake until my body adjusted to the change.


Team Disadvantage:

  1. Charlie!

  2. Frances!

  3. Jean!

  4. Wilma!
  5. ANDREW!!! No electricity, means no air conditioning, no ice, no cooked food, no TV, no computer, and for me, no roof!

    Right now, it's Team Advantage, with it being cooler outside and surrounded by a wagon train of cats, but check on me in a couple of days after Fay passes through!
  1. Sleep tight! SleepCompass.com Jane

No comments: